STEF'S SUMMER READING LIST
I would love to lounge in a hammock all afternoon with a good read, an oversized floppy hat and some lemonade. Should the opportunity ever arise, amidst the baby showers and new jobs and piling bills, I'll have a book list ready. I love interesting stories, raw, blunt poetry and the occasional classic piece of literature. Here's my list:
1) Grendel, John Gardner takes the Beowulf myth and creates a fiercesome protagonist, 2) Wicked, Gregory Maguire's take on The Wizard of Oz from the perspective of the Wicked Witch, 3) The Book of Ruth, Jane Hamilton's novel of a young woman's search for integrity and discovery of hope - I can't put this one down! 4) Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser; "The Dark Side of the American Meal." Enough said., 5) Cosmo en Espanol. Why not? Should be great reading for the long flight to Costa Rica.
I'm always looking for great reads. Send me some titles!
Posted by Stef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog