GOOD KARMA

This photo made me smile. Maybe because candy makes me smile. Today I'm writing from the perspective of the owner of BelleRinger PR; I usually write as a consumer who finds lovely products or a blogger who enjoys the fun of posting. And I'm all smiles as I think about the many ways other individuals and smallish companies have helped BelleRinger PR during our first crucial months.

One of the most (and least) surprising things I've learned as a business owner is the importance of working with a competitor. Sue Wetzel, owner of The Winning Pitch (a rival pr firm), is kind in sharing advice, knowledge and resources. The two of us firmly believe that there's enough business out there for both of us to be successful and happy.

Another great businesswoman who's been generous with her knowledge and contacts is Crosby Noricks at PR COUTURE. As a proponent and cheerleader of Fashion PR, in addition to being a great blogger, Crosby always seems to know who to talk to and what they'll talk to you about. She keeps us abreast of new trends and business practices in this ever changing industry.

I don't want this to sound like a plug but Kim Madden, the owner of Sassy Tails and a current client of mine, has been a source of inspiration. She took all the qualities that made her a successful trainer in the corporate world and started a company designing hair accessories. What a switch! Kim's persistence and confidence in herself and her company helped her secure - against all odds - Harry Potter product licensing rights from Warner Bros. Wow.

Another great source of inspiration for me is Liz Strauss's Successful Blog. Liz shares writing tips, muses about the universe, and interviews fun people. I've never spoken with Liz, nor corresponded directly through email, but I feel that I owe her a big 'Thank You' for the positive vibes she sends through her posts.

Thank you, everybody I've mentioned and those I haven't (yet), for sharing your time, experience, and knowledge. Let's continue to work together for the success of our selves and our businesses. But more importantly, let's keep having fun!

Comments

Hey Bellringer,
Right now I feel like I owe YOU a big THANK YOU for a big smile you put on MY face tonight. I work really hard and your words feel really nice. Thanks for the link love. :)

Send me your number or your skype and tell me where you are and maybe we can fix that problem of the fact that we've never talked. :)

Liz
Successful Blog
Anonymous said…
Carolyn,
You also teach me so much. You are one classy lady.
Sue Wetzel
Anonymous said…
Carolyn - you are a terrific PR professional and a very kind person. I am so thankful our paths have crossed. Everyone on my team has good things to say about working with you. In today's busy world people don't often take the time to share in the manner that you do through your blog. Thanks for your energy and for being so real.

Stay Sassy,
Kim

Popular posts from this blog