FRANKIE GOES ORGANIC

The recent discovery of toxic substances in some pet foods, followed by the recalls, sent shivers down my spine. Like most pet owners I quickly became paranoid that my little friend, Frankie, might be effected by it.

My reaction was to start preparing Frankie's dinner myself, in my own kitchen. My husband fell out of his shoes when I started doing this. He had to help me find the map to the kitchen. Then he quickly became envious of Frankie's healthy home-cooked meals.

I decided that if I was going to cook for Frankie I would prepare the safest and best food possible for him. After consulting with his vet I started feeding him a combination of brown rice, organic green peas, fresh baby carrots, and organic ground round. I add a sirloin-flavored multi-vitamin goop (it's impossible to get a pill down this boy's throat).

Originally this was going to be a short-term project (I use the word project because that's how I describe any food prep that happens in my kitchen) and solution to the scare. But Frankie's obvious excitement about this wonderful new food made it impossible for me to stop. I now visit my kitchen weekly to cook a vat of his food. This is true love.

By the way, this isn't a photo of Frankie. This is another Tibetan Spaniel named Happy Face whose picture I found in the Tibetan Spaniel Network's
Photo Gallery. Frankie's missing his two front bottom teeth - a result of dragging blankets and bedspreads around the house when left alone - making him look like a 'devil dog'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog