A SIMPLE VISIT TO THE DENTIST
Let me start by confessing that I avoided visiting a dentist for a long time. An embarrassingly long time. Yes, I knew the potential consequences of my neglect - my teeth could all turn irreversibly black and fall out one by one.
But that didn't happen! What did happen - one night while watching Leno I noticed that his guest's ill-fitting dentures made a clicking sound when he spoke. I do not want my teeth to click when I talk. My great-grandmother's dentures clicked and I always found it annoying.
I have a great dentist - no complaint there. Of course, I've never really spoken with him - much less heard him. My time in The Chair is spent listening to Abba as loud as my ears can take it. Fortunately, my hygienist is very tolerant of both Abba and a cheap headset.
Today's little rant is about the time I spent today dreading my next dental appointment. Which was scheduled for tomorrow. WRONG. One last look at my calendar tonight confirmed the appointment - which is scheduled for NEXT Tuesday. Now I have all week to dread next Monday which I know will be spent dreading Tuesday's dentist appointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog