ANOTHER SURFING LESSON

Here's a quick update on my surfing education. I recently learned that there are differences between beach breaks and reef breaks, and that the first person up gets the wave. Most recently, I learned that I'm not ready to surf alone, and that you shouldn't always take the advice of the surf shop guy wearing a Giants hat. He told me I'd be "Allllriiight." That the waves would be "Allllriiight." That the beach break was "Allllriiight." Perhaps his surfing vernacular was limited but he sent me into some fierce waters that were definitely not "Allllriiight".

Though I should have questioned why NO ONE ELSE was surfing I jumped in anyway. Unfortunately, so did Yuba, my dog. He tried to keep with me until we both got worked by the foamy unstoppable madness whirling in front of us. I got toppled by fast moving baby breakers and Yuba ended up rolling onto the shore with me. Funny, yes, but my furry friend was terrified. Lesson learned.

PS ~ 32 days and counting until Costa Rica!

Posted by Stef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog