SAY HELLO TO YUBA
Yesterday I took my crazy puppy, Yuba, to Crissy Field, a beautiful dog-friendly beach in San Francisco, where he frolicked in the waves and finished digging holes the other had dogs started. Yuba is just over a year old, big as a pony, incredibly playful, and dedicated to destroying anything I can’t keep out of his reach. After about two hours of romping in the surf he was a disaster, in the cutest way possible - he'd dug a hole three feet deep and fallen asleep in it. As I watched his innocent puppy nose twitch, I wondered how the heck I'd get him dry and sand-free by the time we walked back to the car.

Yuba had run himself ragged and happily pranced with sand clots in his eyes and drool wrapped around his nose. He smelled like the salty beach where we'd just spent the day. After surfing around The Pampered Puppy I found HappyTails' EyePads, which act as a nice cleaner in lieu of a shirt sleeve. The Pampered Puppy blog has a link to the Kool Dog Kafe, where they bake Yuba-friendly treats that look adorable and won't upset his stomach. Speaking of which, I also found an interesting read at Great Green Pets; every pet owner should read the April 3 entry.

If I could, I'd take Yuba to Crissy Field daily to burn off that boundless puppy energy. But it’s back to work – takes lots of cash to feed gourmet dog food to pony-size puppies!
Posted by Stefanie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog