GREEN IS THE NEW BLACK
Being health conscious and globally aware is part of California’s culture; it only seems right that eco-friendly clothing cost proportionally as much as Bay Area gasoline. But of the ways available to protect our environment, I think ‘green’ fashion is probably the most fun and versatile. We’ve already embraced organically-grown and pesticide-free foods; now it’s time to do the same with our threads!

I’ve been looking at ‘green’ fashion; unfortunately the cost of the clothing makes it unattainable for some of us. BTC Elements has amazing styles but $79.00 for
a pair of shorts? It makes more sense for me to buy recycled clothes from thrift stores. Another way to recycle!

Great Green Goods features incredibly funky recycled home decor made from materials ranging from used Mardi Gras beads to old pipes. The inspiration and ability of 'green' artists make for some one-of-a-kind pieces, but again, some the costs aren't friendly to my budget.

However there are some designers who are as conscious of our wallets as they are the environment.
Helen E. Reigle's gorgeous handbags are made from natural and sustainable fibers. Her hemp Mushroom bag is beach-perfect! (Here's a picture of it.)

It’s a familiar dilemma – cost vs. ideals. If organic goods could be produced less expensively many more of us eco-savvy and green-craving customers would purchase them.

Seeing some of the finished products online makes me want to create of my own recycled gems. I think I’ll hit the thrift stores, find the nearest flea market then raid my girlfriend’s closet!
This is another entry by my pal Stefanie. You definitely don't want her near your closets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog