THE EASTER DRESS

Ever since I can remember the women in my family have marked the beginning of Spring with 'The Easter Dress'. Shopping for the dress, buying the dress, wearing the dress - these were all important rituals us. The dress had to meet certain criteria: a style and color the elderly ladies would approve of, dressy enough to be worn to Easter Sunday church service and any wedding we may be invited to that spring or summer and detailed with little flowers, lace, and a sash or bow. Finding a dress that fit all these criteria was always a challenge.

As I grew older I rebelled against the little flowers and lace but I still like bows and sashes. (They're good for hiding figure flaws.)

I started shopping this morning and found a few options. This Shelli Segal wrap dress is a beautiful blue - and has the requisite bow. I found it at Nordstrom for a very affordable $195. I also found this dress by Pow Wow. I like the criss-cross bodice - it draws the eyes up from my tummy. And this Melissa Masse dress also made the cut - the green is yummy. And it has a tie - which means it has the bow.

So far I'm leaning toward the blue Shelli Segal. What's your favorite?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog