THE BLACK KEYS HITS THE BIG TIME!
Exciting news from the music world! One of my favorite bands, The Black Keys, a duo whose popularity has been cult status at best, has just burst onto the commercial music scene. This morning, during one of my spacing out, simultaneously reading, listening to iTunes on my computer and watching television, I heard the background music on a commercial, looked up, and realized that I was listening to The Black Keys while Adrianna Lima and Giselle Bunchen walked down a runway with wings! I was listening to one of my favorite bands in a Victoria's Secret ad!
This has got to be one of the coolest ways to shoot to stardom, especially for these two guys, from Akron, Ohio nonetheless! Two landscaping, basement living, musically inclined white guys who have delta-blue in their souls are now selling out of vinyl and their songs are being chosen for million dollar ad campaigns and major motion pictures! (their song, "When the Lights Go Out," is being featured in the movie Black Snake Moan) I've liked The Black Keys since I heard them on the bartender's iPod playing at Beckett's Restaurant in Berkeley, CA about 2 years ago. I'm also happy to pass on the news that the band will be playing at the Coachella Music Festival, and that in gaining fame, they have not lost the sound that got them there.
(Another post by Stefanie, lover of all things eclectic and indie.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog