PEOPLE-WATCHING
I can spend hours sifting through photos of old family friends and relatives, looking at the scrawled messages on the back and wondering how I'm connected to these people. I don't know who these dancers but neither does the person who posted the photo. It's part of the Look At Me project, which started with a few photos found by Frederic Bonn and Zoe Deleu in a Paris street in 1998. The site allows us to peek at strangers through photos taken from the 1900s to the 1970s. The collection contains approximately 616 photos of nameless individuals and groups; photos found in the streets, at flea markets, or in attics. I can't decide if I prefer the photos from the early 1900s or the laughing groups from later in the century. Take a look when you have a little bit of time; it's a relatively private way of people-watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog