Yesterday a good friend dragged me to an exhibit of glass pumpkins. Yes, glass pumpkins. Now, I'm a big fan of hand-blown glass. Its delicacy and colors are hard to resist. And it seems like such a sophisticated hobby. But I simply couldn't wrap my mind around an exhibit solely devoted to glass pumpkins.

We arrived at the exhibit shortly after it opened at Noon. I was blown away when we entered the outdoor exhibit, where I was suddenly surrounded by hundreds of pieces of art. The hay bales and grass where the pumpkins were displayed was obviously meant to give the appearance of a pumpkin patch. What a clever idea! My skepticism about art devoted to glass gourds disappeared at my first glance of the display. Cobalt blue, delicate pink, irridescent white, Art Deco-ish designs - there was truly a pumpkin for every taste. And with prices ranging from $25 - $2,500 there was also art for every pocketbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog